We have all read stories of pioneers who faced the unknown, crossed deserts, mountains, and oceans at a time when resources, security, and communications were non-existent.
Today in an increasingly virtual and globalized world, it is difficult if not impossible to live an adventure as those adventurers did, but we can recreate that spirit. For 11 years, the Scram Africa has been a reference in the world of adventure for scramblers and custom bikes, in which the participants felt like real explorers. As the last edition, we want to share this experience with more petrol-head enthusiasts, opening the participation to 4x4 vehicles and sidecars.
Check the key points of this edition!
📅 11th to 22nd September 2023
🛳 Barcelona - Nador
💥 Limited places
🏁 Motorcycles, Sidecars, Old 4x4 Vehicles
🗺 Road type around 70% Off road
❗Medium Off-road experience required
The route starts in Saïdia and cross the Atlas Mountains to the Sahara Desert as the old pioneers did, with the maximum adventurous spirit. Motorbikes, jeeps and sidecars, an authentic and singular caravan.
Three different categories are allowed to participate at the Desert Rats Edition.
1. SCRAMBLERS & CUSTOMIZED BIKES. Any customized bike will be allowed to participate (no matter which), and also any scrambler bike (old or new) as Triumph Scrambler, Ducati Scrambler, or BMW Nine T.
2. 4X4 VEHICLES OVER 30 YEARS OLD. The vehicle should be 4 wheel traction and has to have at least 30 years old.
3. SIDECARS. Any sidecar of any time or brand is allowed to participate.
Prices according to vehicle
4X4 vehicles: 3.500€
Accompanying person: 2.000€ (Sidecar or 4x4 vehicle)
- Ferry Barcelona / Nador back and forth (without meals)
- Medical Assistance Team and Vehicle during the full trip*
- Mechanic Assistance Team and Vehicle during the full trip*
- 5 nights in hotel with dinner and breakfast
- 3 nights in bivouac (you should bring camping tent and sleeping bag) with dinner and breakfast
- Picnic for lunch en-route
- Space allocated in the support vehicle for personal items
- GPS Track and route dossier
(*) Terms specified in the contract
What does not include?
- Personal travel insurance (mandatory)
- Insurance of the bike for Morocco (mandatory)
- Personal camping gear
- Personal motorcycling gear
- Fuel and tolls
- Drinks in the hotels / restaurants / etc.
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, etc.)
Any other concept not specified in the “Included” section
ℹ. Please, check the official requirements for entering Morocco at the official tourism site. Entry requirements can vary depending on each passport nationality, so please check yours as the dates of the trip get closer to know what kind of measures and documents you need to bring in to enter Morocco. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more info about this.
ℹℹ. Go to the Pre-registration page and pay a non-refundable deposit of €500. The rest of the payment must be made before 15th July 2023. Cancellations after 15th July 2023 have a surcharge of 25%. Cancellations after 15th August 2023 have a surcharge of 60%. Cancellations after 1st September 2023 have a surcharge of 100%